Summit Agro USA Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Action Guidelines for Supply Chain Management
Summit Agro USA aims to be a global organization that constantly stays a step ahead in dealing with change, creates new value and contributes broadly to society.
With the integrated corporate strength of Summit Agro USA and its local sales and marketing organizations together with Sumitomo Corporation, we are able to provide a powerful platform in the agriculture sector for new product developments, product registration, strong marketing and reliable logistics. This excellent knowledge and experience is combined with long-term relationships with our loyal partners in agriculture, being built on trust and shared values. These values will contribute in helping our farmers to feed the world. Summit Agro USA is also committed to the further expansion of its network through direct investment and joint ventures, utilizing this integrated corporate strength.
In order to promote sustainability and social wellbeing in accordance with our above mission, Summit Agro USA hereby adopts the Sumitomo Corporation Group CSR Action Guidelines for Supply Chain Management set forth below. With a view to further strengthening global relations, which form one of the foundations of our core competence of integrated corporate strength, we request our suppliers and business partners to kindly accept, understand, and practice these guidelines so that together we can achieve responsible value chain management.
Our suppliers and business partners are expected to:
- Respect human rights and not to be complicit in human rights abuses
- Prevent forced labor, child labor and the payment of unfairly low wages
- Not engage in discriminatory employment practices
- Respect the rights of employees to associate freely in order to ensure open and fair negotiations between
labor and management
- Provide employees with safe and healthy work environments
- Protect the global environment and give due consideration to biodiversity
- Ensure the quality and safety of products and services
- Ensure fair business transactions, to abide by all applicable laws, rules and regulations, and to prevent
extortion, bribery and all other forms of corrupt business practices
- Ensure appropriate information security
- Cooperate with members of local host communities and contribute to sustainable regional development
- Disclose information regarding the above in a manner both timely and appropriate.