ADVANCED NATURAL FUNGICIDE FOR THE EFFECTIVE CONTROL OF A BROAD SPECTRUM OF PLANT DISEASES
This purely organic formulation is a botanical broad-spectrum fungicide with preventative and curative activity based on the botanical extract of the tea tree plant (Melaleuca alternifolia). An OMRI-listed product, TIMOREX ACT® is poised to meet the most rigorous standards for sustainable agriculture.
With its multiple modes of action, TIMOREX ACT® shows improved efficacy against a broad spectrum of plant diseases in a variety of fruit and vegetable crops, including Powdery Mildew, Early Blight, Botrytis and more.
- OMRI-Listed for organic agriculture
- Multiple modes of action, FRAC-listed
- Control of a wide range of plant pathogens, particularly bacterial and ascomycete diseases
- Resistance management
- No residues; no MRL
- No measurable effect on beneficial insects and bees
- Easily adapted into sustainable and IPM practices
- Non-persistent in the environment
- Minimal PPE required
MODES OF ACTION
The active ingredient of TIMOREX ACT is based on the extract of the tea tree plant (Melaluca alternifolia) containing over 100 compounds. Some of these compounds work synergistically; some offer diverse modes of action. Disruption of the fungal cell membrane and destruction of the cell walls result in lower levels of fungal hyphae within the intercellular space of the mesophyll tissue followed by the loss of cytoplasm, which ultimately causes the death of fungal cells.
The complex active ingredient in TIMOREX ACT:
- Disrupts cell membranes, causing cell destruction
- Affects fungal pathogen mitochondria and respiration
- Appears to interfere with bacterial pathogen virulence by confusing quorum sensing
- Affects Intrinsic Plant Activity, allowing the plant to focus energy of increased growth and yield
- Inhibits spore germination in some pathogens and suppresses hyphal growth in other pathogens